Gonzaga 2021 Creighton vs. picks. predictions. Who wins Sweet 16 .

Gonzaga 2021 Creighton vs.  picks. predictions. Who wins Sweet 16 .

Gonzaga 2021 Creighton vs. picks. predictions. Who wins Sweet 16 .

Gonzaga Gonzaga Creighton vs. wins picks, predictions: 16 Who Sweet …

Tue, 23 Mar 2021 07:00:00 -0700


. 5 seed Creighton and



1 seed Gonzaga face off on Sunday in a Sweet 16 NCAA Tournament matchup


Who will win?


5 seed Creighton and No.

1 seed Gonzaga face off on Sunday in a Sweet 16 NCAA Tournament matchup.

Who will win and advance to the Elite 8?

Check out these picks and predictions for the West Region game, which can be seen at 11:10 a.m.

Arizona time on CBS.

Gonzaga is a 12.5-point favorite in the game.

More Sweet 16 NCAA Tournament picks, predictions:

Sam Wilkins writes: “Gonzaga are yet to taste defeat in the NCAA this year, winning all 28 of their games so far, thus it’d be a massive shock if they didn’t make the Final Four, let alone getting into the Elite Eight.

The Bulldogs boast two of the leagues best players in the form of Drew Timme and Corey Kispert, with the duo both being two of the favorites to win this year’s ‘Wooden Spoon’ award following their performances so far.

Creighton have done well to get this far, fending off both UC Santa Barbara and Ohio, however given the overall quality of Gonzaga’s side, the Bulldogs should be able to secure a comfortable victory and book their Elite Eight place when the two meet on Saturday.”

Pete Fiutak writes: “Oklahoma had the right makeup to at least have a shot against Gonzaga, and it lost by 16.

To do this, it’s going to take Gonzaga being collectively off like it was against BYU late in the season.

Eventually the avalanche came, but at least it was in for a fight.

Creighton can absolutely go off.

It has the capability to hit the 13+ threes to stay in it until late, but even if that happens, it’s not hitting the free throws to get this done.”

The site’s Basketball Power Index gives Gonzaga an 82.3% chance to pick up the victory and Creighton a 17.7% chance to get the win.

John Perrotto writes: “Gonzaga is making its sixth straight Sweet 16 appearance, while Creighton has not made it this far since 1974, when the tournament was a 25-team event.

The winner advances to the regional final to play either #6 USC or #7 Oregon.

The Bulldogs certainly have recent history on their side along with a 32-game winning streak that dates back to the pandemic-shortened 2019-20 season.

However, Creighton has an experienced team with plenty of scoring options and will give Gonzaga a tough game.”

More:Pac-12 dominating 2021 NCAA Tournament, conference gets four teams in Sweet 16

Rohit Ponnaiya writes: “Creighton is shooting just 43.9 percent from the field over its last eight games.

That’s not going to cut it against a Gonzaga squad that leads the country with a field goal percentage of 55.1 while running up and down the floor.

The Bluejays are solid on the defensive end of the floor but they don’t have the pieces to slow down the Zags, while on offense they don’t have the firepower to keep up.

Take Gonzaga to win and cover.”

Andrew Jett writes: “I’m likely sticking with Gonzaga.

The Bulldogs just don’t stop this season.

They shot a nice 49.1 percent from the field on Monday, carrying edges in free throw percentage (88.5 to 66.7), rebounds (36-29), assists (12-10) and turnovers (10-12) against Oklahoma.

The Gonzaga offense is a well-oiled machine when it’s on, and a “down” game still scores in the 70s.

This one may be close initially but I still like the Bulldogs on an eventual cover.”


Gonzaga Gonzaga

Tue, 23 Mar 2021 07:00:00 -0700

Gonzaga vs


Baylor was expected to be one of the biggest games of the regular season before COVID got in the way


Could they now face off for the NCAA 

There is no doubt that this season of men’s college basketball was anything but normal.

So when Gonzaga went a perfect 28-0 heading into the NCAA Tournament, some overlooked the Bulldogs.

We were all robbed of the regular season matchup between Gonzaga and Baylor; however, Gonzaga did have some big-time wins before March Madness. 

During the regular season, Gonzaga racked up impressive wins over Kansas, West Virginia, Iowa and Virginia.

None of those teams remain in the NCAA Tournament, but Gonzaga has been on cruise control so far. 

The No.

1 seed in the West region beat Norfolk St., 98-55, in the first round.

Then, they took on No.

8 Oklahoma and won 87-71.

Up next, they meet Creighton in the Sweet 16. 

“You have to probably look deeper into the bracket than the next couple of rounds,” Bo Brack, host on the Locked On Podcast Network said while explaining why there won’t be any speed bumps for Gonzaga in the next couple rounds. 

“You look at their starting five, and each one of these guys would be the star of any other program,” Bo Brack said about the depth for this Gonzaga team.

During the latest episode of Locked On Today, he explained how head coach Mark Few gets them to seamlessly work together. 

“I hope we don’t get robbed at the second chance at seeing Baylor vs.

the Zags,” Brack said.

The matchup was expected to be one of the biggest of the regular season, before COVID-19 protocols got in the way and kept the Bears and Bulldogs from meeting.

With Baylor and Gonzaga on different sides of the March Madness bracket, there’s a chance we could get a do-over of that matchup in the NCAA Championship on April 5. 

RELATED: ‘Embarrassing’: No March Madness branding on Women’s NCAA tournament courts

RELATED: And then there were none: All March Madness perfect brackets busted

Notifications can be turned off anytime in the browser settings.


Gonzaga University, Spokane Washington | Gonzaga University
A constant throughout the years is Gonzagas educational philosophy, based on the centuries-old Ignatian model of educating the whole person, mind, body and ?… Our Campus & Location ? About ? Admission ? Gonzaga Basketball

Our Campus & Location



Gonzaga Basketball

10 Observations from Gonzaga’s win over Oklahoma

The Slipper Still Fits 8 hours ago

UNC Basketball: Walker Kessler could be headed to Gonzaga

Keeping It Heel 20 hours ago

Who is Drew Timme? Meet the man who helped lead Gonzaga to its sixth-straight Sweet 16 1 day ago

In NCAA mens tournament of upsets, one favorite still looks untouchable

Yahoo! Sports 1 day ago

Ranking the Sweet 16 teams chances to win it all, from Gonzaga on down

Sporting News 3 hours ago

College Basketball News: Gonzaga may be early leader for Walker Kessler

A Sea of Blue 21 hours ago

As the Gonzaga train rolls on at the NCAA Tournament, the Zags parents are happy to watch the ride

The Athletic 22 hours ago

Gonzaga vs Creighton Prediction, Game Preview: NCAA Tournament Sweet 16

College Football News 17 hours ago

Having played both, Oklahoma coach says No. 1 seeds Gonzaga, Baylor have separated themselves from rest of field

The Spokesman-Review 1 day ago

Gonzagas Drew Timme and his handlebar mustache became a meme during win

USA Todays FTW 20 hours ago
The Gonzaga Bulldogs are an intercollegiate mens basketball program representing Gonzaga University. The school competes in the West Coast Conference in Division I of the National Collegiate Athletic Association. Wikipedia


Gonzaga University Athletics – Official Athletics Website
11 hours ago ? The official athletics website for the Gonzaga University Bulldogs.

Mens Basketball – Gonzaga University Athletics › sports › mens-basketball
The official Mens Basketball page for the Gonzaga University Bulldogs.

Gonzaga University – Wikipedia › wiki › Gonzaga_University
Gonzaga University (also known as Gonzaga or GU) is a private Catholic university in Spokane, Washington. … It is accredited by the Northwest Commission on?… Gonzaga Bulldogs ? List of Gonzaga University … ? Aloysius Gonzaga Former names: Gonzaga College; (1887–1912) Students: 7,501 (Fall 2017) Religious affiliation: Catholic (Jesuit) Campus: Urban, 152 acres (61.5 ha)

Gonzaga Bulldogs

List of Gonzaga University …

Aloysius Gonzaga




Gonzaga Bulldogs mens basketball – Wikipedia › wiki › Gonzaga_Bulldogs_mens_basketball
17 hours ago ? The Gonzaga Bulldogs are an intercollegiate mens basketball program representing Gonzaga University. The school competes in the West Coast Conference in?… Team history ? Traditions ? Rivalries ? Season-by-season results Coach: Mark Few Head coaches: Mark Few Conference: West Coast Conference

Team history



Season-by-season results

Mark Few

Mark Few

West Coast Conference

Gonzaga Bulldogs College Basketball – Gonzaga News, Scores … › mens-college-basketball › team
Get the latest Gonzaga Bulldogs news, scores, stats, standings, rumors, and more from ESPN.

10 Observations from Gonzagas win over Oklahoma – The Slipper … › 10-observations-from-gonzagas-win-over-oklah…
9 hours ago ? Gonzaga has advanced to the Sweet 16 for the sixth consecutive tournament, staving off the challenge of the eighth seed Oklahoma Sooners.

Gonzaga Bulldogs News, Scores, Status, Schedule – College … › college-basketball › teams › GONZAG › gonzaga-bu…
6 hours ago ? Get the latest news and information for the Gonzaga Bulldogs. 2020 season schedule, scores, stats, and highlights. Find out the latest on your favorite NCAAB ?…

Gonzaga University | › schools › gonzaga
Gonzaga will become the most recent undefeated NCAA champion since Indiana last did it in 1976, according to Andy Katzs 2021 NCAA bracket. Read more.

Learn more

– March 23, 2021

Back to top button